M.Sc Big Data Analysis
M.Sc Big Data Analytics has been developed to create Post graduates who can become data scientists capable of working with the massive amounts of data now common to many businesses. It is aimed at people who want to move into this rapidly expanding and exciting area. The modules on this course help the learner to develop the core skills and expertise needed by the data scientist. The course can be split into three main areas, statistics, computing and management.
- Identify appropriate methods for data analysis in various domains
- Apply relevant quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Demonstrate primary data collection techniques
- Access and process secondary data sources
- Able to formulate and design data analytic solutions.
- Interpret, communicate and apply findings
- Evaluate data science regarding ethics, social responsibility and bias
- Able to manage large-scale, complex data and obtain the interpretation.
- Able to recognize and evaluate the opportunities, needs, and limitations of data.
- Able to interpret data analytics and communicate the implications to stakeholders.
- Attain data scientist and data engineer positions in a fast-growing field
- Accelerate progress into related Research and Development in Data Science and Big Data
- School of Information Technology is going to offer 2-Year M.Sc Big Data Analytics course from 2018 under the Autonomous Scheme.
- M.Sc Big Data Analytics has an integrated curriculum that consists of a highly diverse set of Data Science, Statistics, IT courses, Big Data Technology Courses and interdisciplinary Big Data research projects, continuous interaction with industry and personality development courses.
- The programme equips students with the skill and relevant competence to handle all practical problems faced by industry.
- The aim of the M.Sc (Big Data Analytics) program is to produce leaders for the IT and Big Data industry and profession.
- Continuous advances in technology have resulted in an explosion in the range and nature of computer applications, Data Science, Big Data Technology and applications of Big Data in various domains which today includes societal, scientific, industrial and financial applications.
- The core subjects like Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Data Warehousing and Data Mining, Multivariate Data Analytics, Cloud and Big Data etc so that the students have a sound footing in the technical fundamentals.
- It also prepares them for advanced study in areas of their interest. Courses like Business Intelligence and Data Mining, Big Data Analytics with Map Reduce and Hadoop, Soft Skills module to tap full potential of the students by improving time and self-management, communication skills, team spirit, confidence even and career building attitude.
- The newly proposed syllabi is as per the guidelines of Mangalore University- Hard Core, Soft Core, Open Electives.. In the newly proposed scheme the Choice Based Credit System has been introduced to give better choices to the students in technology domains with a deep dive such as – Data Science, Business Analytics and Big Data Technologies.
A candidate who has passed any recognized under graduate examination or equivalent examination with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects and obtained an aggregate minimum of 45% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to the course. 40% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I of candidates.
Provided that in respect of candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified above in Pre-University Course with 50% percent of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. 45% of marks in case of SC, ST and Category-I of candidate