M.Sc Software Technology
The M.Sc. (Software Technology) programme focuses on the design of technological information systems, as solutions to business, research and communications support needs. The program provides the framework within which students can appreciate and integrate new software, Mobile and Communication technologies and extend their theoretical knowledge in specific areas of interest in academia and the industry.
The program is a flexible program and provides in-depth exposure to various Information Technology specializations including Database Management, Business Analytics and Social Analytics, Cloud Computing and Mobile Application Development, Artificial Intelligence and Intelligent Systems, Internet of Things and Web Application Development, Information, Security, and UI Design through various technologies. Students will develop deep theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in specific areas so that they will have the intellectual and conceptual foundation to play leading roles in the development of the information technology industry.
- Develop a product or process by applying knowledge of Programming, Web
Technologies, Database Management, Big Data Analytics etc.
- Participate effectively as a member of a development team and undertake leadership
roles when appropriate.
- Make positive contributions to community and society by applying skills and abilities
learned during Software Technology course.
- Make decisions related to work that demonstrate understanding of the importance of
being an ethical computing professional.
- Applied communication skills to effectively promote ideas, goals or products.
- School of Information Technology is offering a 2-Year M.Sc Software Technology
course from 2007 under the Autonomous Scheme.
- The course is exclusively designed to meet the IT requirements for various
organizations and the curriculum has been revisted as per the industry needs in the
year 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2016
- The programme equips students with the skill and relevant competence to handle
all practical problems faced by industry.
- The M.Sc Software Technology Course is a 2-Year duration programme that is
designed to provide an opportunity to the students who hold Bachelor Degree in
Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) - Computer Science/IT to
undertake Software Technology Course; thus by not repeating the courses what
they had studied in BCA / BSc Computer Sc
- The 2-Year M.Sc Software Technology programme provides knowledge upgradation
and skill development for students with BCA, BSc (Computer Science/Information
Technology) qualification who could successfully extend their valuable contribution
in streamlining the decision-making process and innovation in the areas of Software
Technology in near future.
- This programme prepare students to obtain various positions in the fields of
software development, IT consultancy, software testing quality assurance, system
analysis, MIS, networking, application architecture.
- The objective of this programme is to meet the manpower requirement of the fast-
developing software industry and that of the institutions of higher learning
Candidates who have studied Science Stream at the Pre-University level and have passed the Bachelors degree in Science (B.Sc.) - Computer Science as one of the Component or Bachelors of Computer Applications (BCA) examination from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) in the aggregate excluding the marks of Group-I languages and Group-III Constitution of India, Human Rights and environment are eligible for admission to the programme.